Choosing the right career is one of the most critical decisions to be taken in today’s world. In the process of choosing the right career, we tend to ignore the personality aspect. Making a right career decision and having an appropriate personality are two sides of the same coin.
MPTA offers various psychological tests for career guidance and evaluation. We have professional psychologists to help candidates choose their right careers by paying equal focus on the personality dimension as well. All the scales used are psychometric scales and the counselling followed is also from psychology point of view.
The assessments conducted are online(through our eLearning & eAssessment portal NetStudy) as well as paper-pencil evaluation. The test conduction is for minimum 2 hours depending on the module. Once the candidate is done giving the evaluation, our psychologists work on the responses given by the candidates by using scientific methods. Each and every statement is analyzed by the psychologist and an appropriate therapy is decided for the counselling. Here, both, the quantitative as well as the qualitative analysis is done. Once the report is generated, a counselling session is scheduled. The session is undertaken by the psychologist and appropriate psychotherapy is designed for the clients based on their report. The client’s parents may also be included in the counselling. All the information shared during the process is highly confidential and is not shared with anyone apart for the client. The clients are taught various techniques and methods based on their strengths and weaknesses. We also conduct
PS: All the evaluations, seminars, counselling are done by professional psychologists.
Career Guidance and Evaluation I (C-GET I)
Focuses on the career guidance for 8th to 12th grade students.
C-GET I focuses on three important dimensions necessary while choosing a career:-
- Intelligence: - i.e. the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.
- Aptitude: - i.e. combination of characteristics indicative of an individual’s capacity to acquire competence or skill through training.
- Personality: - i.e. the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual’s distinctive character.
C-GET I will focus on the above dimensions along with one’s interests to give a proper qualitative analysis regarding the preferred career options.
Career Guidance and Evaluation II (C-GET II)
Focuses on the age group of 20 years and above. This evaluation focuses mainly on the personality dimensions. Here the individual gets to know their strengths, weaknesses, key personality traits etc. Even there are psychometric evaluations and are beneficial when the candidates are facing the interview rounds or those who are job seekers. In other words, these scales will give the candidates a quantitative as well as qualitative analysis of their strengths and weaknesses.
There are four scales under C-GET II. They are as follows:
1. Self-Evaluation Scale I: This scale helps the individuals understand if they have control over the events taking place in their life. The term locus refers to one’s perception regarding the relationship of one’s self with the world and vice versa.
2. Self-Evaluation Scale II: This scale focuses on finding out the stress level of the candidate. Stress is a feeling of strain and pressure. Every individual is faced up two types of stress, that is, Eustress i.e. positive stress and Distress i.e. negative stress. This test aims to measure levels of Eustress and Distress.
3. Self-Evaluation Scale III: This scale focuses on finding out the type and level of anxiety the candidate is facing. The purpose of this test is to measure anxiety on two levels: State anxiety i.e. anxiety about an event and Trait anxiety i.e. anxiety as a personal characteristic.
4. Self-Evaluation Scale IV: This scale focuses on the personality aspect. Personality has been to do with individual differences among people’s behavioural patterns. This test covers 20 dimensions of one’s personality which are the core personality factors.
These tests are administered upon individuals to achieve a holistic perspective to gauge “the right man for the right job” for the benefit of the organization. Also, these scales will help the candidates to strike a balance between their personal and professional life and also gain an in-depth analysis of themselves.
Primary Aptitude Test (PAT)
Designed for those who are between 6-11 years of age.
In this the child will get to know the concentration span, attention span, various abilities. This evaluation helps in understanding the child’s motor skill and development. The main focus of this evaluation is to help the child and the parents with the study skills. Since, primary schooling is the foundation of the child’s future academic interest, PAT helps us in understanding the child’s key potential interest and likings. According to the analysis and systematic study skill module can be formed which can be implemented on the child, which will help the child focus on his academics according to his/her capability.