Globalization and liberalization of economy unleashed a good bit of competition in the industry and that’s when a need for New Age Worker surfaced. The new age workforce needs to have a lot more competencies in addition to the traditional vocational training. Development of such workforce requires investment and resources to design and develop educational inputs, arrangement to learn workplace skills and motivation to succeed in competition. In our country good number of young, energetic people are available, but with little employability potential.
MPTA which was already in the employment training space developed and deployed a win-win program called ‘Earn and Learn’. It is a work and study scheme which gives a head-start in career development to students from villages/ semi-urban areas. They have talent, and merit, but can’t afford higher education. In this program, students will undergo On Job Training (OJT) in industries, where they will work to gain practical knowledge and experience upto 4 years. ‘On Job Training’ part of the programme is a real game-changer and enhances employability among deserving individual.
MPTA Offers Students of Earn and Learn program to pursue
- A B.Sc. in Industrial Science (Manufacturing)degree from YCMOU (Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University) OR
- An Advanced Certificate Course in Application Engineering (ACCAE) from TMV (Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapith).
Main features of Earn and Learn
- Government of Maharashtra endorsed the crucial and significant efforts of YCMOU and MPTA in the field of education and issued Government Resolution (GR) under TED-2011/63/11 Technical education-5.
- Students will be considered as apprentice while on OJT in industries.
- Students are allowed to be a part of OJT program up to four years.
- This program can be availed by anyone who wants to improve their living standard and is in the age bracket of 18 to 24.
- Minimum academic education required is SSC or HSC or ITI.
Advantages of ‘Earn and Learn’ to Industry are
- Low attrition and absenteeism rate as trainees will be guided by MPTA team.
- Fewer chances of accidents as the students are well trained on safety measures.
- The positive attitude of trainees along with dedication can help inindustry’s growth.
- If the industry requires, the trainees can be absorbed in the company after completion of training. Otherwise, they will report to MPTA.
Role of Industry
- Provide ‘On the Job Training’ to students.
- Pay stipend, education fees and incidental expenses of the students.
- Take care of trainees’ safety, health and welfare while at work-training.
- Allow students to avail classroom training on the premises.
- Periodic reviews and feedback to the trainee and MPTA so as to improve learning.
Role of MPTA
- Mobilizes candidates from all over the country to join the program.
- Selects deserving and inclined to be successful students in the Earn & Learn programs
- Enroll the students for appropriate course
- Facilitate students’ efforts to cope up with new industrial culture.
- Disburse stipend through banks and discharge other regulatory responsibilities pertaining to students.
- Delivery of academic inputs of the program.
- Maintain discipline among the trainees.
- Conduct regular review for monitoring the performance.
The main objective of MPTA is to uncover the talent of rural students and give them hands-on experience on industry practices. This, in turn, contributes to the national priority of developing employability amongst the youth.
Desirous students as well as the industry are welcome to join the program. Please register your interest and we will reach out to you in 24 hours.